Wednesday, March 23, 2011


Yesterday, March 23, was too cool. We drove from Pomona to my home town, San Diego. On the way, we stopped at two old Spanish missions. Pictured here you see me standing in the doorway of the very first home I ever lived in. It was built as a garage by my father. His intention was for us to live in for a few years and then he would build the house on the front of the property. Unfortunately, he first caught Polio and then, if that wasn't bad enough, my mother, Irene, died. So I only lived here for two years and my brother, John, only one. It was too cool to go back to where I had my first haircut, learned to crawl, walk and talk.
The next photo is of the school where I went to the first grade and the other is of the LDS church across the street where I did my first service project as a six year-old. I used a putty knife to remove old putty from some broken windows on that side of the building. Too cool huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment