Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Last night we stayed in Clear Water, FL. Wow what a cool city that is. And Tampa Bay was right next door. Very impressive area.
Part of the magic of our trip planning was to try to go only about 150 miles a day so that we could take advantage of unexpected opportunities that presented themselves. Well, today we were cruising down I-75 and I saw a billboard for Rick Treworgy's Muscle Car City in Punta Gorda, FL. We ate in the 50's theme diner and I introduced myself to Rick and had a nice conversation with him. His very first car was a '55 Chevrolet Bel Air convertible and he has been collecting for the forty years. The museum had his 220 car collection in an old Walmart store - big. As always, I gave each of us an imaginary bankroll and we pick at least one car each to take home - if we actually had the money to spend. Ann chose an exquisite 1959 Corvette in dark blue and silver. It was very hot. I chose the 2010 ZR-1 Corvette that cost $122K. It was REALLY hot! Tonight we are in Fort Myers, FL.

No comments:

Post a Comment