Wednesday, September 7, 2011



My best day ever - but then, I say that every day don't I?
We drove from Kalispell, MT through the mountains and saw the most excellent panoramas everywhere we looked. Ann is getting to be a most excellent photographer wouldn't you say. On the way, we saw this very interesting road sign in Paradise Valley. I had wondered about this for several weeks. And I know that Major Percival M.J. Wallace, soldier, philosopher and naturalist had speculated and postulated various theories on the mating habits of unusual animal life. Perhaps we, today, found the elusive mating grounds of the rare Wyoming Jackalope. This may be the reason there has been, to date, no credible evidence of mating of the species in the vastness of Wyoming. Alas we may have stumbled on the destination and purpose of the mysterious nighttime disappearance and reappearance of this interesting species. Indeed we may have found the real Montana "vortex." A scientific paper may be in the offing.
We then stopped to visit my cousin, Richard Budvarson in Coeur D'Alene, ID. I was named, I am told, after the famous original voice of "Music and the Spoken Word" with the Tabernacle Choir in Salt Lake City - the weekly radio program, Richard L.(Louis) Evans. But since my cousin, Richard, was 19 when I was born, I am quite sure that my mother, Irene, leaned toward the name Richard because Richard Budvarson was such a cool guy. So, I am pretty sure I am also named after him. He is one of the most fun people I know - lots of life - someone to emulate. We had a grand time. And we found out that he has, at age 85, got his old camera from his Army days out and is now pursuing photography again. I just love people with vision and sparkle and ambition. He is one of my heroes.
Oh yes, he calls me Richard #2. And he is, of course, Richard #1.
Pretty cool huh? Richard
 

No comments:

Post a Comment