Saturday, September 10, 2011



So here we are back in our driveway after 194 days on the road and 29,341 miles on our venerable old 1983 M-B diesel. We had a blast and saw 48 states and two provinces. There was not a place that I saw that I did not like and saw incredible beauty. It was truly a Trip of a Lifetime. Would we do it again? YES! In fact, we are already starting to plan our next adventures. Some have asked, “What has been your favorite place to visit?” My typical response is, “Where ever I am that day.” That is me, and, for those of you who know me well, that is how I think all of the time. Every day is “my best day ever.” That said, the very, very best part of the trip was being with Ann 99.997% of the time for such an extended period of time. The only times that we were separated was when I had to go and get something for the car – which did not happen very often; but did happen a couple of times. Otherwise we were together. Richard
Ps. The adventures of Richard and Ann did not begin with this trip and will not end today. Check back on this BLOG (weB  LOG) from time to time to see what else we have up our sleeves – and there will be plenty.
 -Richard
It has been a wonderful adventure these past 6 months.  Before we started I could not imagine being gone from home that long.  Also, the car issue concerned me, but Richard told me it's a well built car and he was quite aware of how things work on it.  So we did have a few incidents where we needed a small repair but he was able to take care of the repairs we needed, for the most part, and we only took the car into a shop 2 times.  The past 4 months the car was incredible, we only had one small problem and Richard was able to remedy that within 2 days.  So I feel very blessed that we were safe and that we got to the places we were headed without incident.  We saw lots of amazing things, places we had heard about and read about, and it was so exciting to actually be there to see them.  We have some great memories of this time and I also loved being with Richard all of the time.  -Ann 

No comments:

Post a Comment